Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Never let it drop...

I have always had a fair amount of hobbies... sadly they all seem to be of the expensive variety (guitars, tech equipment for both music and art). I have to actually stop myself from trying some things because I am certain I would enjoy them which would translate to less time and more money going towards another hobby.

Over the last couple of years I have really tried to weed out the extras and concentrate more on the worthwhile. I made the decision to abandon music almost entirely and concentrate on cartooning (though I am now back to playing alot more again). I know it's been said, but there are seriously not enough hours in a day, but honestly even if there were more I would probably still be longing for more time to do the things I want to do. Music and Art are the biggies but reading is a pass time I adore (I am constantly frustrating my wife with the amount of books lying around our house... piles of comics and novels). Somehow I have to find a way to juggle it all and this is not even considering the truly important things like Family and Work.

Life is about compromises and sacrifices... I just need to be more organized. Though, truthfully, I think there may be little hope of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment